Do you also want to become an expert in fishing in Stardew Valley? Attaching a bait can help you. There are different types of bait available that you attach to the fishing rod to attract fish more efficiently. Other than this, some unique baits may offer you some great features. If you do not know how to use bait in Stardew Valley, here’s a comprehensive guide for you. Check out what bait is, how many types of baits are there, and how to use bait in Stardew valley.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Introduction of Bait
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction of Bait
Bait is simply a tool that enables you to catch a fish more efficiently in a Stardew valley. You need to know to attach the bait to the fishing rod. Because of this, the fish will bite faster, and also; it decreases the chances of attracting garbage more while fishing. But, you won’t be able to use baits on all the rods. You can attach the bait only to iridium and fiberglass rod.
Choosing the Right Fishing Rod
Before we explain how to use bait in Stardew valley, you must make sure that you have chosen the correct rod to attach bait. As we have mentioned above, you can only connect the bait to fiberglass and iridium rods.
These two rods are readily available at willy’s fish shop. But, the shop is permanently closed on Saturday and is opened on Saturdays only if it is raining. To get the fiberglass rod, you need to achieve level 2 in fishing, and to get an iridium rod, you will have to reach level 6.
Types of Bait in Stardew Valley
You will come across four types of baits in Stardew valley. All of them have different functions and uses. Here’s a list of all kinds of bait you get in Stardew valley.
- Bait: this will make the fish bite faster
- Magnet: if you are looking for treasure, this is what you need to use. It increases the chances of getting the prize.
- Wild bait: with the help of this, you may catch two fishes at a time. But, this will not be present in the inventory. You will have to look for the recipe to create it.
- Magic Bait: this enables you to attract any fish regardless of your level and in which season.
How to Use Bait in Stardew Valley
Now, there are different ways for how to use bait Stardewvalley switch. The process depends on the platform that you are playing the game on.
- If you are playing Stardew Valley on PC, here’s how to use bait Stardew valley.
- To start with, you will have to go to your inventory. In the inventory, look for the bait. Left-click on it and select the number of items that you wish to choose.
- In case you have selected more, please right-click on the same and reduce it for you.
- After this, you will have to right-click on the rod. You won’t be able to see the bait that you have selected in your inventory. The bait will now be attached to your fishing rod.
- Other than this, if you no longer want to use the bait, you will have to right-click ok it, and then the bait will disappear from the rod.
For Gaming Consoles:
If you want to know how to use bait Stardew valley switch on different gaming consoles, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Xbox: To choose the complete pack of bait, you will have to press the A key on your keyboard. In case you want to select a single one, press X. When chosen, add the bait to the fishing rod by pressing X.
- Nintendo Switch: To choose the complete pack of bait, you must press the A key on your keyboard. In case you want to select a single one, press Y. When chosen, add the bait to the fishing rod by pressing Y.
- PS4: To choose the complete pack of bait, you will have to press the Y key on your keyboard. In case you want to choose a single one, press square. When chosen, add the bait to the fishing rod by pressing square.
Other than this, if you wish to remove the bait on Xbox or PS4, you will have to press the X key. But for the Nintendo Switch, you need to press the Y key.
Now, if you wish to know how to use bait in Stardew valley on your mobile, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, open your inventory. You will then have to go to the bait option and choose it. If you want to select more than one, long-press the icon until you reach the amount you wish.
- After this, to add the bait, you will have to drag and drop it.
- Now, you will be able to see the bait when you choose the fishing rod you want to use.
- Winding Up
- So, this is how to use bait Stardew valley switch on different platforms. We hope that this guide will help you to perform fishing more efficiently in Stardew valley. For more such Stardew valley guides, stay tuned to us.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am unable to add bait. Why?
There can be different reasons for which you are not able to use bait in Stardew valley. To start with, make sure it’s bait, not a tackle. You can use tackle only on an iridium rod. Other than this, you will ha e to make sure that you are using the correct rod for the same.
2. How can I add a spinner in Stardew?
To add the spinner, you will have to right-click on the spinner. You will then have to go to the rod and then right-click on it. But, for this, you will have to make sure that the slot for the spinner is empty.
3. Can I attach bait to the Bamboo pole?
Unfortunately, No. You won’t be able to attach bait to a bamboo pole or any other training rod. To attach the bait, you will have to use a fiberglass rod or iridium rod.
4. What is a fiberglass fishing rod in Stardew valley?
A fiberglass fishing rod is used to catch fish in Stardew Valley. You can get it when you achieve level 2 in fishing. Other than this, you will be able to use bait while fishing.
5. Which is the best fishing place in Stardew valley?
The best fishing place in Stardew valley is the beach: willy’s shop, the beach: eastern pier, cindercapforest: Leah’s cabin, pelican town: Jodi’s house, mountain lake: Island next to mines, cindercap forest: edge of the river.