The Netflix error code: m7121-1331 occurs on the device when there are some issues within the web browser i.e web browser becomes enable to support the platform. If the user is having a Speed browser, then this arises the chance of the error because these browsers can create hindrances and thus reduce the functionality in a way that we become unable to watch our favorite shows and movies on Netflix.
In order to know more about the error code m7121 1331 p7 and resolve the same, the user has to read this full guide containing everything that will not only help you in resolving the error but also gives you a deep understanding of the error. Now, let’s start the topic with the first section given below.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is Error Code: M7121-1331
- 1.1 What Triggers Error Code: M7121-1331
- 1.2 How to Resolve Netflix Error Code M7121-1331?
- 1.2.1 Solution 1: Enable Browser Supports Netflix and HTML 5
- 1.2.2 Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Google Chrome
- 1.2.3 Solution 3: Disable Chrome Extension
- 1.2.4 Solution 4: Clear the Cached Data and Cookies from Web Browser
- 1.2.5 Solution 5: Update Chrome’s Content Protection Feature
- 1.2.6 Solution 6: Update the Web Browser
- 1.2.7 Solution 7: Check Server Status
- 1.3 Final Word!
What is Error Code: M7121-1331
The error code m7121 1331 p7 generally occurs on Netflix when the browser used for accessing Netflix has some issues and it becomes unable to fulfill the requirement of playing shows or we can say if some bad data prohibits it from playing.
If the server of geographical location is down then again the user faces the Netflix error code m7121-1331. As it is not a big problem, so the user can easily remove it from the device by performing some minimal troubleshooting.
The error text that the user mostly encounters states that “Whoops, Something Went Wrong…Unexpected Error. There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again. Error code: M7121-1331.”
What Triggers Error Code: M7121-1331
Below are listed some main causes responsible for the error code M7121-1331.
- If there is any internal outage in the Netflix server then you can have the error.
- The down server of the platform leads to the error.
- If there are any conflicts with the extensions of Google Chrome.
- HTML 5 may have not been assembled properly on the Internet browser.
- Removing or clearing cached data, cookies, and browsing history also lead to the error.
- Forget to update the web browser before running Netflix on it.
- Damaged Chrome or installation files got missing.
- Trying to stream Netflix through a public network, thus arise the error code: m7121-1331-p7 Netflix as it is restricted to stream on such network.
- And the most important is using the unsupportive browser of Netflix.
Now, after getting all the reasons that lead to the error code: m7121-1331, let’s get into some troubleshooting that will help you in eradicating the error issue.
How to Resolve Netflix Error Code M7121-1331?
In order to resolve the error issue, the user has to remove all those causes from the devices that will bring such hindrances to Netflix’s entertainment. In order to perform this troubleshooting, the user has to do all the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Enable Browser Supports Netflix and HTML 5
The cause behind the Netflix error code: m7121-1331 can be using a web browser that lacks support for the streaming service. You can rectify the error issue by having some browsers listed below and enable HTML 5.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Safari Web browser on Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 or above is another good browser
- Mozilla Firefox 59.0.3 or above can be used on Windows 7 or later or Mac OS X or later (Yosemite).
- You can use Google Chrome 64-bit version on Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Mavericks), Chrome OS, or Linux.
- And lastly, Opera 47.0.2631.80 or above on Windows 7 and all the above versions or Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
You may also like: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7353-5101 PERMANENTLY?
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Google Chrome
If you are using an outdated version of Google chrome as the streaming platform, then there are chances for the Netflix error code m7121 1331 p7. In order to resolve this, the user has to reinstall Google Chrome that requires uninstalling first. So, uninstall Google Chrome by deleting the stored data, and then you can easily reinstall it.
Now, let’s dive into the steps to remove and uninstall the browser.
- Try to close all Chrome windows and tabs.
- Hit on the start menu and then select settings.
- Navigate to apps and then choose apps & features and click Google chrome.
- Select the tab named also delete your browsing data to delete all the browsing history data, profile information.
- Tap on uninstall.
Now, reinstall the Google Chrome browser, follow the steps below:
- Try to download the installation file.
- If prompted with any windows permission, select Run or Save.
- To start the installation process, hit double-click.
- Once done with the process, use Netflix and check the error.
Solution 3: Disable Chrome Extension
You can find several extensions on chrome that do not fulfill the terms and conditions of Netflix. So, we require to disable them which can be done easily by pressing the toggle button. Use these steps below to do the same.
- Try to enter “chrome://extensions”, in the address bar in chrome.
- Move down to the list of extensions.
- Press on the toggle highlighted with blue to disable the extension.
- Get back to Netflix and stream the genre you want to watch.
Solution 4: Clear the Cached Data and Cookies from Web Browser
Sometimes cookies and cached data become the affecting source of Netflix error code m7121-1331 as they provide damage to the RAM space and thus corrupt the software and hardware components. So, in order to deal with that, the user should perform the task of clearing the cache, cookies, and other stored data from the web browser which they can easily do on Google Chrome, Mac Safari, and Mozilla Firefox with the steps provided below.
- Proceed with the solution by visiting the address bar.
- Enter “chrome://settings” and hit the enter button.
- Move to the bottom of the page and select the advanced tab.
- Choose Clear browsing data showing in the advanced menu.
- Ensure to mark all of these following boxes Cookies, Browsing History, Auto-fill Information.
- Configure the time range to all time.
- Hit on clear data that will clear all the temporary files that contain web browsing history.
- Try to launch Chrome and check the error persists or not by continuing with Netflix streaming.
- Navigate to the Safari menu and click on clear history.
- Choose the time range that you want to desire.
- Try to quit safari by pressing command + Q keys.
- Launch the Safari web browser and connect to Netflix.
- Check that the error code: m7121-1331-p7 Netflix is resolved.
- Look for the library button and press it.
- Select history.
- Click on clear recent history.
- Navigate to the drop-down next to the time range to select everything for clearing all the data stored since the last exercise.
- Go to boxes named Cookies, Form & Search History, Active Logins, Cache, and Browsing & Download History.
- Select the clear now tab to clear all the selected items.
- Relaunch Mozilla Firefox and connect to Netflix to see error code m7121 1331 p7 still persists or not.
You may also like: 8 Awesome Ways To Get Free Netflix Account in 2021 [Working Methods]
Solution 5: Update Chrome’s Content Protection Feature
If the Netflix error code m7121-1331 appears on the computer then it suggests that the browser is blocked or not updated by the security settings that mostly happen because of the Widevince Content Decryption Module. In order to update the same, the user has to perform these steps given below:
- Move to the address bar of the Chrome browser and enter chrome://components.
- After that, hit the enter key.
- Move to the bottom of the page and try to locate the Widevince Content Decryption Module component.
- Hit check for updates.
- Once done with the above procedure, try to reboot the system and connect Netflix to see if it is working properly or not.
Solution 6: Update the Web Browser
The web browser is needed to be run as the most recent version. If, it is not then you can have the error code: m7121-1331. In order to update the web browser with the latest available version, the user needs to follow these steps:
- Navigate to Google Chrome.
- Hit the button Customize Google Chrome.
- Select Help.
- Look for updates by clicking on About Google Chrome.
- Once done with the updates, hit the relaunch button.
- Go to Mozilla Firefox and click the open menu.
- Choose help and view the menu.
- Select About Firefox.
- The window of About Mozilla Firefox will appear on the screen. Try to check for updates from there and download them.
- Once done with updating the browser, restart it.
- Navigate to the menu.
- Select updates and recovery.
- After updating the browser, choose relaunch now.
- Try to launch Netflix and check the Netflix error code m7121-1331 is there or not.
Solution 7: Check Server Status
The user needs to ensure that the server status of Netflix is not down. If the above solutions would not work and you still face the same error Netflix error code: m7121-1331 then, try to check the server status. If it is down then the main cause behind the error issue might be this.
With all the solutions provided below, the user can easily rectify the error issue and enjoy Netflix streaming. We hope that you all like this article containing everything about the error code: m7121-1331-p7 Netflix and how to resolve it with simple minimal troubleshooting.