Although there are many methods and fixes that you can perform for resolving the issue. But in this guide, we will be offering you some of the best fixes that you can try without wasting much of your time. You just need to follow the instruction carefully to save your leisure time.
Table Of Contents
- When the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service does not work properly then it leads to the error. You have to make sure that it starts up automatically to provide the functionality of the discord.
- If you have provided permission to discord to run with the administrator then again you can face this error.
- Corrupted discord can also bring the error issue to your device. In order to rectify it, you have to perform the task related to installing the app or resetting its settings.
In order to eradicate the error, the user needs to perform the troubleshooting below:
1. Delete Discord Folders
- Move towards the location C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Discord by starting Windows Explorer and selecting This PC.
- If you don’t get access to see the AppData folder, then enable the setting by turning on Hidden files and folders.
- In order to do so, you have to go to view, then choose the option hidden items appearing in the show/hide the section.
- Now, you will get access to hidden files and folders.
- From the app data folder, delete the discord folder.
- If the text appears saying that some files could not have been deleted as they were in use, Then, try to exit Spotify and give the end the process in Task Manager.
- After that, you have to go to the start button and enter run.
- You can also bring the run window through the use of Windows + R keys.
- Enter %LOCALAPPDATA% in the run box.
- Hit the enter tab.
- The folder that opens, locate discord in it and delete it by right-clicking and choosing the delete option.
- You have to make sure that the process is done carefully and there are no files left for deleting.
- At last, restart your computer or system and whether the error still persists or not.
You Might Also Like, Best Email Hosting Server For Dedicated SMTP Server
2. Changing the Startup Type
- From the keyboard, press two keys Windows + R together until the run box appears in your system.
- Now, enter the command services.msc in the box.
- Then, click on the OK tab.
- On the list, navigate to the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service, and with the right-click, choose Properties from the menu.
- On the service status tab, check if the service is started or not.
- You should choose the stop tab if the service is started already.
- Now, you have to set automatic on the startup type tab by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- If you are having any dialog box appearing on your system then click on confirm to reset the changes.
If you receive the given error text message while clicking on start then you can follow the lead of these steps below:
- First of all, follow the first three steps given above to go to the service’s properties window.
- Move on to the Login tab and select the Browse button.
- Type your account’s name under the Enter the object name, followed by selecting check names and wait until the name becomes available.
- At last, select OK and enter the password.
- Now, move towards the next solution if you don’t get success in resolving the error.
3. Run without Administrator
- The first thing that you need to do is locate the Discord executable.
- Now, you have to change the properties which you can do by right-clicking on the search results window or start menu and selecting the properties.
- In the properties windows, go to the compatibility tab and uncheck Run this program as an administrator.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on OK.
- If any dialog box appears on your screen then confirm the changes again.
- From now onwards you will see discord open without administrator rights and most probably solves the error.
4. Reinstalling Discord
- The first thing that you need to do is to log in as an administrator because it is the only method that you can use to delete the programs.
- Go to the Start menu and click on the Control panel. On the other hand, if you are a user of Windows 10 then you can go to the cog icon to open settings.
- In the control panel window, go to the top-right corner and choose view as Category. Then, select Uninstall a program appearing under the programs tab.
- For the settings app, you can go to apps that will bring you the list of installed apps on the system. Now, search discord on the control panel or settings and hit the uninstall tab.
- Now, select yes when prompted with completely remove discord on your computer.
- Wait until the uninstalling process is done and click on Finish.
After uninstalling the tool, you have to install it again which you can do by visiting the official website of discord and reinstalling the latest version of the tool. After reinstalling, follow the instructions as provided in the system and continue the process.
5. Close Processes From Task Manager
If the above troubleshooting did not work for you then you can move on to this solution where you have to close all processes from the task manager. When the parallel processes run in the background then it creates hindrances in the installation process of discord. In order to troubleshoot the trigger, the user has to perform these steps given below.
- From the keyboard, press Windows + R, and in the dialog box, enter taskmgr.
- Then, hit the enter key.
- Go to the task manager and look for all Discord processes.
- Select discord processes and choose End process.
- Install the tool again and check that the discord update fail is gone or not.
6. Free Avast Antivirus
- Go to the Avast icon, double-click on it to open it. Alternatively, you can also open Avast by going on the apps section and right-clicking the Avast tab.
- In Avast, choose the protection tab.
- Now, select the Virus chest folder where all the quarantined files are located.
- Locate all the files which have discord in their name.
- Then, you have to hover your mouse and go to the three dots.
- Choose Restore and add an exception.
- You have to perform the step for each of the files.
- Start the discord installation process again.
- Go to the Avast and open it.
- On the top right and select the menu icon and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the left, select the general option.
- Now, select exceptions appearing with other options on the left.
- Select add exception and enter in/browse to the location of the folder having discord installer.
- Choose the add exception option.
- Launch the discord again.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section and tells us which troubleshoot fits best for you.