Award-winning game “Apex Legends” gains immense success in the gaming field. Since its launching Apex Legends emerges with updates that will enthusiast the fans to involve more in it. Having different features like Free accessibility to its fans, frequent updates, and Impressing dynamics make the Apex Legends appear in the list of the most popular games. It is the promising elements of the game that makes every gamer a fan of it. But, due to some causes and reasons, the fans face unwanted crashes while playing it. Like you see in the image below. In order to avoid these crashes, bugs and errors read the article below focusing on how to resolve the Apex legends crashing.
Table Of Contents
- 1 8 ways to fix Apex Legends Crashing
8 ways to fix Apex Legends Crashing
1. Restart Apex Legends
Restart can fix any type of errors, bugs, and crashes. So, first, try to restart Apex legends before moving on with the next solutions.
If you get the crash again after restarting then you can move on towards the next solution having the steps below.
2. Configure Origin-in-Game
In this solution, you have to deactivate the setting of Origin In-Game. To do the process, here are the steps:
- Go to the Origin and open it, then go to the menu bar and select Preferences.
- On the right, you will see Origin In-Game, click on that.
- Go to the setting states Enable Origin In-Game and turn this off by clicking on the tab which is located on the right side.
Sometimes the wrong settings can make the entrance gate for these kinds of crashes and bugs to enter into our systems. So just avoid it by taking the steps into consideration.
3. Start to Uninstall and Reinstall
The third step requires you to first uninstall and reinstall Origin. With this process, you can get rid of the crashing issue as sometimes the error makes a way into your device when the programs there are not updated properly. So, in order to uninstall the old version of Origin in Windows 10 and in mac, you have to perform this step first.
On Windows 10
- Go to Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Programs and Features and click Uninstall a Program.
- Then, go to Origin, click on it, and at last hit Uninstall.
- Go to the Application folder and select Origin.app.
- Now, click on the Move to Trash.
- Finish the process by click on Empty your Trash.
- When the process of uninstalling Origin finished, move towards the next steps given below.
- Go to the latest version of the Origin page and open it.
- Now, From the two options Windows or Mac, select your platform.
- The next step you need to do is to download the latest version of Origin. In order to do it, you have to click on the Download button.
When the process of installing Origin finished, start the game again to check if the crash is still there or not.
4. Repair the Game
This is another troubleshoot that you can try to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to Origin client and click on My Game Library.
- Open the game and right-click on it to choose Repair Game.
This troubleshoot will repair the corrupted game files that lead to Apex Legends crashes.
5. Keep Drivers and GPU up-to-date
As we told earlier that updating is so much required to have an efficient work-flow. Whether it be of any part of the system, if they are not updated well, then the system can bear many issues. Such as the issue that happened while playing Apex Legends. So, avoid the apex legends keeps crashing by updating drivers and GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) installed in your system. In order to have a drivers page for your GPU, you can type on the Google Brand of the GPU + latest Drivers download.
This troubleshoot can fix the crash but if it is not resolved yet then you can try the next solution.
6. Disable Antivirus Software
However, antivirus software performs a better function to run our devices as it prohibits various kinds of threats to enter the system. But, sometimes, when users install two forms of antivirus, they encounter crash and error that freezes and slow down the system. So, you need to avoid two antivirus software on a single device and have to disable the other antivirus software that is troubling the system. The Windows users can use the already installed windows defender that is efficient enough to prevent the threats that slow down the system.
And, the Mac user has also a pre-installed anti-virus that can also tackle all kinds of threats and other viruses. So, avoid an extra anti-malware solution and use only a pre-installed antivirus solution to fix apex legends crashing.
You Might Also Like, Fortnite Keeps Crashing: Quick Ways To Fix[Updated]
7. Put a Cap on FPS
This is the next solution that you can try to resolve Apex legends game crashing. Read the steps below to know how to do it.
- Go to your Origin and open it.
- Next, go to My Game Library.
- Start Apex Legends and right-click on it.
- Then, go to Game Properties, click on it and then choose Advanced Launch Option.
- At last, go to the command line and copy-paste +fps_max 100.
Once, you are done check if you are still facing crashing while gaming or not. If yes then, move towards the next resolution.
8. Delete Microsoft Version C++
This is the next solution that you can try. According to the users in the official EA forums, deleting Microsoft Version C++ provides them success in getting rid of the crashes emerging in the Apex Legends game.
- Go to the Window Control Panel and open Programs and Features.
- Type C++ redist on the Search field located at the top right.
- Now, according to the EA forums, uninstall all visual C++ versions from your system.
- Then, restart your device.
- Move towards C:\Programs Files (x86)\Origin.
- Look for the versions vcredist_x64, vcredist_x64_vs2010, vcredist_x64_vs2015, vcredist_x86, vcredist_x86_vs2010, vcredist_x86_vs2015.
- Then, restart your system again.
- Go to the Origin, launch the game in full-screen mode.
This troubleshoot is hard to do as compared to others described above. So, you can try it but if you feel it is consuming your time then avoid doing it and find the solution in the wrap-up section.
So, these are the 8 fixes that you can try to resolve the Apex legends pc crashing. Try all the solutions step-by-step and play Apex Legends without any crash.
If somehow you get the crash again then proceed to the EA’s support as they are really helpful for these kinds of fixes. Do not forget to share your thoughts with us in the comment section and let us know how relevant you find this article.